Before Your Tattoo
- Avoid excessive drinking the night before
- Do not show up to your appointment drunk or high, we will refuse to tattoo any person who is visibly intoxicated
- Good personal hygiene is always appreciated, as is shaving the area to be tattooed ahead of time if possible
- Make sure to eat something before getting tattooed
- Feel free to bring snacks or a drink to keep up your blood sugar, particularly if your tattoo is a large one
- You may bring a friend for support, but only one person will be allowed in the workstation with you
If your artist bandaged your tattoo with Sani-derm adhesive bandage, leave the Sani-derm on for 3-5 days as directed by your artist. You can shower as usual, the bandage is waterproof and sweat proof.
Fluid may build up under the bandage, this is normal and not a cause for concern. If fluid begins to leak out of the bandage, you must remove the bandage and care for the tattoo as detailed as below for normal aftercare.
After 3-5 days, carefully peel the Sani-derm off your tattoo and continue caring for the tattoo as normal.
- Remove your bandage as directed by the artist, this will be several hours to overnight, depending on the location of the tattoo
- Always wash your hands before touching your fresh tattoo
- Wash the tattoo thoroughly with a mild soap such as Dr Bronner's or Dial Gold
- Pat tattoo dry gently, and allow to air dry for 10-15 minutes
- Apply a small amount of our tattoo aftercare butter, or a dye- and scent-free hand lotion
- Repeat the washing and lotion application twice a day for the first few days, then once a day until fully healed
- Do not pick or scratch at your tattoo as it peels, this is the normal sloughing of the damaged top layer of skin and picking can harm the final tattoo or cause infection
- Avoid exposing your new tattoo to sun for the first two weeks
- Avoid swimming pools, hot tubs, rivers, lakes, bath tubs and soaking your tattoo in water for the first two weeks
- After tattoo is fully healed, use SPF 30+ sunscreen on it while outdoors to best preserve your investment
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact your artist, not your non-tattooer friends